Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trippin'

A good friend of mine recently inspired me to make a psychedelic mix cd. Which I did. And then never got around to actually sending because lately that's just how I roll. However, it was really fun making that mix. Psychedelic rock has definitely been making a come back as well. Did it ever really go away? Here are some of my favorites.

Explode Into Colors

Also - if you've never seen this band live, DO IT. They're so amazing.



The Donkeys



Tape Impala





Duck Tails



Apples In Stereo



The Monkees

Porpoise song was written by Carol King for the Monkee's movie Hed. It's totally tripindicular. One of my most favorite psychedelic songs ever. The Monkee's version is nearly impossible to find on youtube, so fast forward to 3 minutes in on the first video.



The Carol King version.


posted by: Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment